On May 15, 2015, The Hunger Project and World Vision co-hosted a nationally-broadcast panel discussion in Lilongwe on localizing the Post-2015 Sustainable Development Goals in Malawi. The focused and frank discussion resulted in significant commitments to greater partnership among five key groups of development actors.
The panelists include:
- Chris Kang’ombe, Principal Secretary of the Malawi Ministry of Local Government and Rural Development
- Chancellor Kaferapanjira, president of the Malawi Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Gospel Kazako, Managing Director, Zodiak Broadcasting
- Aubrey Chibwana, Executive Director, National Youth Council
- Ronald Mtonga, Executive Director, CONGOMA: The Council of NGOs of Malawi
The discussion was moderated by:
- Naile Salima, Advocacy Officer, World Vision-Malawi
- Rowlands Kaotcha, Country Director, The Hunger Project-Malawi
In attendance were members of The Hunger Project Global Board of Directors who had traveled to Malawi for their annual meeting, and senior officials from UNDP, WFP, NEPAD, the EU and other agencies.