THP Perspective: Most countries where hunger persists have failed to invest in basic infrastructure through which people can meet their needs. This lack of physical infrastructure often reflects a lack of the social infrastructure through which people could organize to take direct action themselves or effectively negotiate with their governments.
- Build partnership between the people and local government
- Take direct action – maximizing use of local resources and minimizing outside inputs.
- “We build the road, and the road builds us.”
Global Campaigns and Initiatives:
- World Bank Global Partnership for Social Accountability has a focus on improving accountability in infrastructure projects.
- World Bank
- African Development Bank
- Asian Development Bank
- Inter-American Development Bank
Key reports and data sources:
- African Development Bank – Africa Infrastructure Knowledge Program
Key blogs and newsfeeds: